Friday, February 9, 2018

A new adventure: Kindle Scout

I'm excited to tell you that my novel Hexborn is up for nominations on Kindle Scout!  What is Kindle Scout?  Basically, it is a process that Amazon's in-house publishing imprint uses to choose what books to publish.  (Don't confuse this with Kindle Direct Publishing, which is what we use to self-publish e-books.)  Their decision-making process is a little mysterious, but their editors assess writing quality and marketability along with the amount of support an author is able to drum up in nominations.  You can click here for more details about the program straight from Kindle Scout.



How do you nominate?   It's easy.  You can click my link and see my blurb, a sample of the book, and some additional information about me and my writing process.  Then you click "Nominate."  The site will prompt you to enter your normal Amazon login and password.

You can only nominate three books at a time.  When one campaign you've chosen to support ends, it frees up one of your slots. 

Once my 30-day campaign is complete and Amazon makes its decision, you'll get an email informing you whether Hexborn was chosen or not.  If it is chosen, Amazon will provide me with some editorial and marketing support much like other publishers, and everyone who nominates it will receive a free copy two weeks before the official publication date.  How cool is that?  If it isn't chosen, I'll launch it myself and let you know how you can get a copy.

Why am I taking a shot at Kindle Scout?  It is very hard for an indie author to gain traction in the current market.  I think Hexborn is a terrific book, and I don't want it to fall into a black hole when it is released.  I feel that Scout is an exciting opportunity for me to break through and gain some visibility.  I hope you'll support me in this new adventure by nominating Hexborn and sharing my campaign with your friends who enjoy reading.  Thank you so much, and happy scouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment