A local book group is going to read my book (yay!), so I thought I'd brainstorm some discussion questions in case any of my other wonderful readers is interested in sharing She Dies at the End with his or her book group friends.
- How is the author's portrayal of vampires similar to or different from other vampire stories or movies you've enjoyed in the past?
- If you could have a power like many of the characters, which one would you want? Which seems the most useful?
- What event in the book shocked you the most?
- Who is your favorite character? What about him or her appeals to you?
- Which character angered you the most? Why?
- If She Dies at the End were made into a movie, who should play your favorite character?
- With which character did you most closely identify? Why?
- Which character do you wish you knew more about?
- Which character are you most attracted to romantically? Who is your "book boyfriend" or "book girlfriend"?
- Was there an image in the book that stuck with you?
- If you knew you had lived past lives, would you want to remember them? Why or why not?
- What do you think happened to Marisha, Ilyn's late wife? How do you think she died?
- Do you think November and Ilyn could ever have a healthy romantic relationship? Why or why not?
- Did you learn anything from the story and its characters that could be applied to your own life?