Monday, February 8, 2016

Book Review: Rannigan's Redemption 2: Running Rogue by Pandora Spocks

Pandora Spocks is out tomorrow with her much-anticipated sequel, Rannigan’s Redemption 2: Running Rogue.  She left us with quite the cliffhanger last year, when Part 1 ended with a rift between Maggie and Michael just after they finally gave in to their mutual attraction.  Part 2 picks up right where the first installment left off.


I have to confess I have limited patience for the “A-hole Rich Guy” subgenre of romance novels, but Spocks once again manages to overcome my preconceived notions. It helps that Michael experiences actual consequences for his ridiculousness, and that Maggie never so much as entertains the notion of putting up with his misbehavior.  Maggie nevertheless shows her heart of gold when she is a friend to him when it really counts. Between her kindness, toughness, and potty mouth, Maggie may be my favorite romance main character of all time.


My favorite part of the book starts in about the 5th inning, when retired baseball player Bobby makes his appearance.  I don't want to give too much away. I'll just say that he's awesome, and I look forward to seeing more of him in book 3. Happy reading!

2 comments: