Monday, February 12, 2018

Hexborn: the Trailer



I enjoy the process of making book trailers.  They're kind of glorified slideshows, at least for those of us without a gazillion dollars to set aside for marketing.  But they give me the chance to use images and words to provide a little taste of the plot, character, and themes of my work.  It's fun trying to distill things down to run in about a minute.

I usually do mine in first person, even though my books are all written in third person.  I like giving the main character a chance to speak for herself, and it ensures that the trailer isn't just a repeat of the book blurb. 

Take a look at the trailer, and let me know what you think.  And, of course, don't forget to drop by Kindle Scout to nominate Hexborn for publication.  Remember, if you nominate a book that gets chosen. you will automatically receive a free copy of the e-book ahead of the release.

No comments:

Post a Comment