Wednesday, July 4, 2018

RRBC Spotlight Author Joyce Shaughnessy

I'm so pleased to welcome today Joyce Shaughnessy, July's Rave Reviews Book Club Spotlight Author.  Be sure to check out her book, A Healing Place.  Take it away, Joyce!



Writing 101


I am always looking for ways in which to educate myself about the process of writing. I highly recommend Writers Digest, which I devour every month it comes out. There are great articles written by famous authors, educators, and occasionally publishers. There also write about agents and include a list of agents who are looking for clients. It’s a great magazine for new writers as well as everyone else. Also included are articles about self-publishing. I think that’s so important because there are more and more self-published authors. I have gone to writers conferences from Dallas, Texas, to Los Angeles, to New York. The only downside is the cost. On the other hand, RRBC Writers Conference is held online so is available for authors everywhere.


It can be found at: https://rrbcwritersconferencebookexpo18.wordpress.com. It offers a variety of subjects about the art of writing and publishing, and the cost is very minimal. I believe that every writer owes it to himself to check it out. You won’t be sorry!


Author Bio



Joyce Shaughnessy has published five books in the last seventeen years. The first three, A Healing Place, Blessed Are the Merciful, and The Unsurrendered, are romantic historical fiction based upon the Dust Bowl in the Great Depression and WWII in the Pacific. They reflect her love of history and historical fiction. She is also a certified editor, and has edited four anthologies and several novels. She loves editing almost as much as writing.
She has two finished manuscripts on her desk. She hasn’t found the proper home for them yet, but will hopefully soon. She has lived with her husband in Midland, Texas for the last twenty-six years. They share a love of reading and own a very large collection gathered over the years.

Connect with Joyce online!


Twitter: @AuthorJoyceS

Facebook: @joyceshaughnessy1

Website: joyceshaughnessy.blogspot.com

Book Blurb


A Healing Place is based on the Thirties and Forties and emphasizes the power of love, sacrifice, courage and prayer. The Millers move to Texas from Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl of the Great Depression. Their son-in-law, Jed, is sent to the Philippines during WWII where he walks the Death March.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce, I am enjoying your comments on each stop of your tour. I agree, Writer's Digest is an excellent resource, and I am intrigued by the RRBC Writer's Expo. Thank you for sharing your experience, and thank you A.M. Manay for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that last post was from me, Eric Borgerson. I didn't have a Blogger profile. Anyway, go Joyce!

      July 5, 2018 at 10:58 AM

      Delete
    2. Hi Joyce, I subscribe to Writer's Digest as well. I'm midway through A Healing Place, and I'm enjoying it very much. All the best to you! Thank you for hosting, A.M. ♥

      Delete
    3. My pleasure! Thanks for your support!

      Delete
    4. Thank you, A.M. Manay, for hosting me. Your site is very impressive. Thank you, guys, for picking up A Healing Place. I hope you enjoy it and much as I did writing it. It is a great experience to be hosted by RRBC members. I appreciate them all.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joyce

    What a fun website to be hosted on. I'm going to pick up a copy of your book as it appears to be a very interesting read.

    Anne Margaret, My friend, I just love your blog and of course, your stories. Thank you for hosting today.

    Both of you have a wonderful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Joyce. I'm enjoying the writing tips and I agree that Writers Digest is an excellent resource for writers. Anne Margaret your site is amazing, especially the Header.😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the RRBC Conference & Book Expo, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by, Wendy. You are always so supportive.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Joyce. The next time you come to Dallas for a writer's conference, give me a shout. I'd love to meet up for coffee and chatting. In the meantime, I'll see you at the RRBC WC & BE! I hope your tour is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also looking forward to the RRBC Conference and Book Expo! Enjoy the rest of your tour! (Michelle Abbott)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I can't wait for the RRBC conference! Thanks for sharing, Joyce. And thanks for hosting, Ann Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to everyone! Thank you, Jan. Our daughter lives there, so we go occasionally. I would love to meet you! Thank you again, A.M.

      Delete
  8. I have several dog-eared volunes of Writer's Digest, plus stacks of Writer's Digest Magazines. I learned a great deal from them, as you did.enjoy your tour!!

    ReplyDelete